New Rifle: Browning X-Bolt Max Long Range
This new bolt gun comes in a variety of calibers and was built for the long shots.
Browning has just announced the release of a new long range option in their X-Bolt line: the X-Bolt Max Long Range rifle.
The most notable feature on this new bolt gun is the also new, composite Max stock that includes a number of features designed to help maximize long-range shooting accuracy. The adjustable comb allows the shooter to dial-in optimal eye-to-scope alignment — crucial when using large diameter optics and Picatinny rail scope bases with built-in elevation.
Spacers are included to adjust the length of pull and a comfortable, upright pistol grip optimizes finger-to-trigger reach. Three swivel studs allow the easy installation of both a sling and a bipod.
The horizontal surface on the bottom of the buttstock sends the rifle straight back when shooting from bags, helping to keep the target in the scope so the shooter can watch for bullet impact.
Bedded into the Max stock is the accurate, award-winning X-Bolt action with matte blued finish that is drilled and tapped for scope mounts.
An extended bolt handle makes it faster and easier to operate the bolt. The hand chambered, fluted, 26″ stainless steel barrel includes a removable muzzle brake that is threaded 5/8″-24 TPI to accommodate a suppressor. A thread protector is included for when the muzzle brake or a suppressor are not in use.
The new rifle is available in a variety of popular short- and long-action calibers, with an MSRP of $1,269.99 – $1,329.99 depending on caliber.
Browning X-Bolt Max Long Range Features:
• Composite Max Stock with Adjustable Comb, Spacers for Length of Pull Adjustment, Vertical Pistol Grip and Swivel Studs for both a Bipod and Sling
• Extended Bolt Handle for Easier Manipulation
• Adjustable Feather Trigger
• X-Lock Scope Mounting System
• Free-Floated, Fluted, Stainless Steel Barrel with Muzzle Break on 5/8″-24 TPI Suppressor Threads (Thread Protector Included)
• 60° Bolt Lift
• Bolt Unlock Button
• Rotary Magazine
• Top-Tang Safety
• Personalized Bolt Engraving Available
• Inflex Technology Recoil Pad
• MSRP: $1,269.99 – $1,329.99