- CMP can only sell surplus military firearms given to them by the Army, and only to adult members of affiliated shooting clubs who meet certain guidelines.
- You must be a U.S. citizen, over 18 years old, who is already legally eligible to purchase a firearm.
- You must provide a copy of a U.S. birth certificate, passport, proof of naturalization, or any official government that shows proof of citizenship. A military ID can be used if E5 or above.
- Proof of age must also be supplied, which is usually taken care of by the proof of citizenship document.
- Additionally, a purchaser must provide proof of membership in a CMP-affiliated organization, of which there are more than 2,000 in most corners of the country. If a CMP affiliated club does not issue individual membership cards, they can fill out the CMP Club Member Certification Form, which can then be included with the order.