The incident was caught on video.

In Philadelphia this week, a concealed carrier defended himself and his wife as the couple were walking home from work.

According to this story from ABC, the unidentified couple passed two men on the 700 block of S. Second Street at about 8:30 p.m. One said to the 65-year-old husband, “What are you looking at?” to which he responded, “What are you looking at?” The younger man then punched him, threw him to the ground, and continued to beat and kick him.

When they began attacking his wife, in her 50s, punching and knocking her down, the man drew on them.

“They attack him. They attacked his wife. He begged (them) to stop. Him and his wife pulled away. They kept coming,” said Kenneth Young, the couple’s attorney, of the incident, which was caught on surveillance video. “He explained he has a firearm. They said they don’t care. They punched him in the face.”

The man, who the story only identifies as a longtime resident known as “Sal,” then drew his licensed .45 ACP pistol and shot both of the attackers. One attacker, 20, suffered a gunshot wound to the stomach, the other man, 21, was shot in the shoulder, the story says.

After being wounded, video shows the two men slowly making their way across Bainbridge Street and the man with the stomach wound eventually sat down outside a bar, according to the story. The pair stayed there until police arrived and took them to the hospital, according to the story.

“A lot of commotion, a lot of commotion. From what we heard, ‘Old Man Sal’ – we kind of know him from the neighborhood,” said Anthony Conte in the story. “Heard there was a little bit of a ruckus and he pulled out a gun and shot a couple of people. I think the moral of the story is you just never know who’s packing heat. ‘Old Man Sal’ was packing so you gotta watch out. And it’s a shame it went down. I hope those kids are OK.”

The two suspects were taken to Thomas Jefferson University Hospital and are in stable condition, according to this story

The ABC story says the couple were also treated for injuries and the man had bruises on his face, head and chest.

The incident is still under investigation and no charges have been filed, which is why the police haven’t released the identities of those involved.