photo from Fox News.

When a woman was being stabbed by another woman in a Michigan parking lot on Feb. 10, a concealed carrier drew his pistol, stopped the attack, and held the assailant at bay until police arrived. He was subsequently fired from his job because of it, but that decision has been reversed and he’s been cleared to go back to work.

Didarul Sarder, 32, is a valet service supervisor at a General Motors Technical Center in the Great Lakes State. The announcement came via Warren Mayor Jim Fouts on Facebook, according to this story from Fox News.

Sarder had a valid concealed carry license and had his pistol on him when he saw 52-year-old Stephanie Kerr being stabbed by another woman outside the main entrance to his central office building, the story says.

“The lady kept saying, ‘I’m dying, someone help,’ and it was just natural reaction,” Sarder told Fox2. “I just see this lady getting stabbed. I only had, like, half a second to think and I un-holstered my firearm and pointed it at her to drop the knife.”

Sarder held the suspect in place until police arrived and arrested her. The story says she hasn’t yet been identified because she hasn’t been charged or arraigned.

Kerr is in critical condition after suffering stab wounds to the neck, back, and abdomen, the story says.

“I hope she makes it,” Sarder said in the story. “Maybe those few seconds before the police arrived could be the difference between life and death.”

After the incident was resolved, Sarder says in the story that a GM employee fired him for having his firearm on the premises.

“He said, ‘You shouldn’t have had a firearm here,'” Sarder said in the story. “‘After this is done he needs to be escorted off the property. He’s not welcome back here.'”

“I was really bummed out. I got a little emotional,” he added.

He had worked on the grounds as a contractor for GM since December and says he was never informed of a no-gun policy. He has worked for the contracting company for nearly 10 years, the story says.

“Right after it happened someone in authority asked him off the premises because he violated company rules with a gun,” Mayor Fouts wrote on Facebook. “That was absolutely the wrong response to this hero. However, that decision was overruled by higher ups and he now has his job back.”

Sarder seems to be living up to the moniker Fouts has applied to him, with statements like this one, from the story:

“I would do it all over again,” he said. “…I can get another job.”

For the full story from Fox News, go here.