- Some locations ban these types of self-defense products outright.
- The concentration of the active ingredient might also be regulated. For example, this one is a 2% product. Others can range up to 10%. Be aware that the concentration level may be a restriction where you live.
- Intent might be a factor. Using something that's designed to be a "weapon" as a weapon might get you in trouble.
- While you might be able to order "animal sprays" in some states, using those against humans might be illegal. Or not. It depends where you live.
- Minors can't use pepper spray in most, if not all, places.