- Don't advertise that you're carrying. The element of surprise is your friend. I conceal carry even when in an open carry state. I don't need people staring at me, and if I did ever need to draw, I'd want the element of surprise to be in my favor.
- Don't fill your car with gun-loving stickers. It not only makes you a target for robbery or road-rage, advertising that you may be carrying tips off the bad guys too.
- Don't act like a vigilante. It's not our job to stop the robbery at the convenience store. It IS our job to protect ourselves and our families the best way we can by being prepared when threatened. Let the police do their job, and know what your job is: protecting yourself and your family.
- Always keep a professional appearance when carrying. Nothings worse than having your pistol fall out of your gym shorts because you used a cheap, tacky holster and figured it would be good enough to wear on a quick run to the store. Use a quality holster and a quality gun belt. Your life depends on your equipment, buy and use the best you can afford.
- Do be the hardest target you can be. Pay attention to your surroundings when carrying, if you can avoid a situation it's always the best choice to do so.
- Do carry with one in the chamber. When seconds count, you don't have them. Thinking you'd have the time to rack the slide has been proven wrong time after time after time. Some liken it to thinking you'll have enough time to put a seatbelt on in the event of an impending car crash. If you're not comfortable carrying in this condition, you need more training.
- Never stop training. Ever. Complacency kills.