Good Gear: 5.11 Rush MOAB 10 Sling Pack
This concealed carry pack is ideal as a concealed carry commuter bag and as a daypack in the field.
If you want a versatile day pack that will do more than you ever expected it to. The MOAB 10 is part of 5.11’s Rush series of backpacks and is loaded with concealed-carry utility.
A covert pocket in the rear of the pack is sized for a handgun while a comms pocket is located at the shoulder. A fleece-lined pocket protects your eyewear and the bag includes a pocket sized for a 1.5-liter hydration bladder.
There’s also an interior compartment perfectly sized for a tablet computer and necessary accessories, making this one of those packs that will make a rock-solid commuter bag that can also be used as a utility bag for the field. I carried this pack for about a year on a 2.5-hour-each-way commute that involved driving, a train, and walking—and the only reason I stopped using it was to test out a different bag. This pack has been in my rotation ever since. I loved using a sling bag because you can easily sit down and move it to your front in tight spaces, and because you can get to anything you need, even while walking, without swinging your bag around.
If you want to expand the pack’s capabilities, you can always add pouches and storage from the 5.11 Tier System.
Main Compartment: 18.25″ H x 9″ L x 7.25″ D Front pocket: 12.5” H x 8” L x 2” D Total Capacity: 1,093cubic inch / 18-liter Weight: 2.6 lbs.
- Fully customizable tactical go bag
- Adjustable cushioned shoulder strap
- Water resistant treatment
- Sturdy, lightweight 1050D nylon
- Covert TacTec pocket at rear
- Secondary double zip pocket
- Hydration pocket with pass-through port
- Multiple interior admin and stash pockets
- MOLLE/5.11 SlickStick® web platform exterior
- Fleece lined sunglass pocket
- Comfortable compression straps
- Ideal for recreational use or as an operational bug out bag
- 5.11® Tier System integrates with other RUSH bags
- Comms pocket pass-through cord slots
- Hook and loop flag patch
- YKK® self-healing zippers
- 5.11’s signature Centerline™ design
- Customize your bag with purpose-built pouches
- MSRP: $99.99